Sept. 21, 9:15 am
Oct. 23, 8:15 am
Nov. 19, 8:15 am
Dec. 19, 8:15 am
Jan. 17, 8:15 am
Feb. 14, 9:15 am
March 18, 9:15 am
April- no Best Assembly
May 8, 8:15 am
June 11, 9:15 am
The grade level colors are:
Kindergarten - blue
Grade 1 - purple
Grade 2 - green
Grade 3 - yellow
Grade 4 - orange
Grade 5 - red
Tesago Elementary School was the No. 1 ranked public elementary school in the Capital Region, according to the Albany Business Review's
ranking in the 2015 Schools Report. The rankings were compiled using
data for math and English test scores for grades three, four and five,
and science test scores in grade four from the 2013-14 school year.
Congratulations to our students, parents, faculty and staff!
Good Evening,It's safe to say that Winter has arrived. Please read the full e-mail regarding Yearbooks & our Discovery Program - important information.This week at Tesago:
- Wednesday School Banking
- Thursday BEST Assembly 8:15am
- Thursday Night 7pm PTA Meeting - We will be discussing events that are coming up now till June
- Friday & Saturday Tesago Musical - look on facebook for more information https://www.facebook.com/events/375889396478941/Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Jan. 21st No School
- Jan. 25th Half Day Grades K-5
- Jan. 25th Movie Night at Tesago - more information to followYearbooks: Make sure your order your Yearbook soon - last day to order is Feb. 22nd. Don't forget to add the tax.OR order online:https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1122561/Tesago-Elementary-School/2019-Yearbook/20180816043507257103/CATALOG_SHOP/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=YBK_CMP_ES_EP_We are also requesting pictures for the yearbook. If you have any pictures from field trips, class parties, BEST Assemblies, playground, please share them directly to GOOGLE DRIVE https://goo.gl/9NDuP2or e-mail Heather Boltz [email protected]5th GRADE FAMILIES ONLY - new this year, we are adding "Shout Outs" to our Yearbooks for any 5th grade family that is looking for a creative way to give their "Almost" middle school student a special message.$5 per message - see form under forms tabDiscovery Program: This is a 5 week after school enrichment that gives students the opportunity to discovery and learn new things. This year we have Scratch, Bowling, Zumba, Legos, CMOST for Chemistry, Math Made Fun, and Pottery. If you want to chaperone (not to instruct but to help with kids), please e-mail Mary Gamble [email protected]. Your student will not be put on a waiting list if you volunteer to chaperone.Registration is Wednesday Night Feb. 6th. This is also first come, first serve basis - THEY FILL UP FAST. More information to follow week of Jan. 22nd.If you have any questions, please reach out to me. We have a lot going on here at Tesago, we don't want you to miss out on anything.Britt Gersey, PresidentTesago Elementary School PTA
Together Everyone Shares A Great Opportunity
The annual Tesago book fair is upon us once again! The fair will run from Monday, 11/26-Friday, 11/30 in the library. The hours will be from 8am-2pm. We will also hold evening shopping hours on Thursday, November 29, 3-7pm. Students will visit the book fair with their class during specially scheduled times. You can browse with your child during their class time or after school. Tesago friends & family are also welcome to visit the book fair anytime during operating hours.
We will except checks (made out to Tesago PTA) cash & credit cards.
We invite each and every Tesago family and teacher to join the PTA for the 2017-2018 school year. Membership is open to parents, grandparents, neighbors, friends and members of our community.
We hope you will consider renewing your membership or join the Tesago PTA for the first time this Fall. You don't have to attend meetings or even volunteer. Your membership dues alone helps us provide programs and funding to all of our students. It's only $7 to join. Everyone is welcome to join and each member will be listed in the Tesago's PTA directory which is a wonderful resource to have on hand when you need to contact a fellow Tesago PTA parent.
The benefits of membership include:
- Shen Inventors
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Back to School BBQ
- Family Fun Night
- Popcorn Days
- Movie Night
- Much, much, more
We are proud to partner with CAP COM Federal Credit Union's School Banking Program. Enroll your child by opening a new Youth account at any CAP COM branch or online. For more information, visit their website:
CAP COM partners with over 70 local schools to promote financial literacy with their School Banking program. Volunteers collect money on set days and bring it to a local branch for deposit into your child's account. School Bankers receive a welcome kit, including a t-shirt and savings register, and earn prizes for every fifth deposit.
Students can earn $30 for their final, end of year report card with CAP COM's Great Grades Program. https://www.capcomfcu.org/plan/kids/101-great-grades.html
Students can earn up to $10 ($2 per book) during their Fall (Oct 1-Nov 30), Winter (Feb 1 - Mar 31) and Summer (Jul 1 - Aug 30) Reading Programs, up to a total of $30 per year! https://www.capcomfcu.org/plan/kids/102-reading-program.html
Grow your child's money faster with a CertifiKID from CAP COM. Find out more today!
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Ingoglia at [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE that the PTA is not responsible for lost envelopes or money that does not make it to our volunteers. If you have any doubts about whether or not to send cash, please visit a CAP COM branch in person.
Tesago is again participating in the Box Tops for Education program. This year our goal is to raise $2,000 for the wonderful programs for our children. Here are some easy, everyday ways you can help:
Clip: Clip the Box Top from hundreds of participating products and send them to school. Each one is worth 10¢ when our school redeems them from Box Tops for Education. Simply place your saved Box Tops into a baggie, using the collection page if desired, and then
label each baggie with your child's name and teacher's name. There is a collection box in the lobby at the school, or have your child return the Box Tops to their teacher. Each month, the class with the highest number of Box Tops will be recognized at the BEST Assembly! (Please be sure to check expiration dates, as we can’t submit any expired ones.)
Sign up: It’s easy and free. Sign up to support our school at boxtops4education.com, where you can:
See how much our school is earning with Box Tops
Enter online promotions for chances to win Bonus Box Tops and other prizes
Print money-saving coupons for your favorite Box Tops brands
You can also sign up for Box Tops email newsletters that will keep you updated on the program. To learn more, visit boxtops4education.com—and thanks for choosing to make a difference for our school with Box Tops!
Any questions, please contact Carianne Trotta at [email protected].
You can help Tesago earn FREE education equipment simply by using your AdvantEdge Card at any Price Chopper, Market Bistro or Market 32 store. There is no additional cost to you. This years Tools For Schools point earning period runs from July 24, 2016 through March 25, 2017. Please make sure you are signed up for the Tools for Schools program at Price Chopper!
To earn points your card must be enrolled with Tesago. If you signed up with Tesago last year, you do not need to re-register. To register your card or SWITCH your school (i.e. from your former elementary school to Tesago), enroll online using this online form. The code for Tesago is 15764. Every dollar spent at Price Chopper earns you one point. Purchase Price Chopper or Central Market Classics brand and receive double points! Teachers, grandparents, aunts/uncles, and neighbors can also help out by signing up.
Thank you for your support! f you have any questions please contact Jen Leonard at [email protected].